The film Valkyrie is directed by Bryan Singer and stars Tom Cruise. It is a historical thriller movie set in WWII Germany.
The film represents the July 20, 1944 plot of German army officers whose the leader was Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg.
After changing release dates twice Valkyrie was released on December 25, 2008 and will be released in Germany on January 22, 2009.
This photo handout shows U.S. actor Tom Cruise dressed in his role as German Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg during the production of ‚Valkyrie‘, near Berlin. United Artists Connor Handout
- Tom Cruise stars as Colonel Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg, a German World War II colonel who leads the plot
- Kenneth Branagh portrays Major General Henning von Tresckow.
- Bill Nighy portrays General Friedrich Olbricht. Nighy was cast to give a sympathetic quality, so Olbricht would not be the „fall guy“. Nighy wanted to convey Olbricht as divided between complaining about Hitler’s regime and actually doing something about it.
- Terence Stamp portrays General Ludwig Beck. Singer met Stamp to discuss playing a part in X-Men, having admired him for portraying General Zod in Superman II. Stamp endured the Blitz as a child and aided Singer in staging a scene where the Stauffenbergs hide from the Allied bombings. The actor described his approach to portraying Beck: „There has to be a kind of non-judgmental discernment, so when I’m playing villains, they don’t think they’re particularly villains.“ The actor sought to find „the part of Terence that would be prepared to fall on his sword for certain ideals.“
- Kevin McNally portrays Dr. Carl Friedrich Goerdeler.
- David Schofield portrays Erwin von Witzleben.
- Christian Berkel portrays Colonel Albrecht Ritter Mertz von Quirnheim.
- Jamie Parker portrays Lieutenant Werner von Haeften.
- and many more..
Find industry contacts & talent representation. Access in-development titles not available on IMDb. Get the latest news from leading industry trades Valkyrie summary of box office results, charts and release information and related links. Buy : Read 1124 s & TV Reviews - Amazon.com Amazon.com: Valkyrie: Tom Cruise, Kenneth Amazon.com: : Tom Cruise, Kenneth Branagh, Bill Nighy, Tom Wilkinson, Carice van Houten, Thomas Kretschmann, Terence Stamp, Bryan Singer: s & TV Tags: amazon, valkyrie, cruise, kenneth, is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. character, based on Norse mythological figure Brynhildr, was created by Roy Thomas and John Buscema. Critics Consensus: Given subject matter, could have been an outstanding historical thriller, but settles for being a mildly entertaining, but disposable yarn. place for everyone interested in s, amazons, strong women, fighting women and female bodybuilders. , pictures, video clips, message boards, wrestling and a chat room